Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Osbasso of HNT fame helped me get my archives back...thanks buddy.

One of the guys from the restaurant I worked at called and left a message today saying that he was sad that I wasn't working there anymore, and that he has always had a thing for me, and if I want to hang out to give him a call. The last time I spoke to him he said he was engaged and going to move to the States to get married. Also I have a guy. Also I am not attracted to him. But it's nice to get calls like that I guess. I don't want to be mean, but I don't really want to call him back. How do you respond to that? "I got your message about how you have always had a thing for me, thanks, um, that's nice. And I don't have a thing back for you and I don't really want to hang out with you either, but thanks for calling and stuff."

11 comments:

Osbasso said...

My pleasure! Did you read my email? ;-)

sinner said...

I have this thing for you too. Call me

Marianna said...

I think ALL of us have "this thing" for you, chick.

:)

Does this mean we're over?! Sigh.

LOL

Hey, glad Os got your archives back. That's awesome.
M~

zuzula said...

ah, that's sweet. i would just text back and say thanks, you're very flattered, but you're not single (i would love to be able to send a text like that!)

i can't believe what the restaurant did to you. When I'm in Canada i shall be sure to drop in and be their most difficult customer ever.

Memphis said...

Every guy has a thing for you. This should be old hat for you. We're all in love with you and want to hang out. We just don't all have your number or anything.

Tish said...

I've been in situations like this. I think the appropriate response is, "I'm very flattered, but I am involved with someone. Thanks but no thanks."

Men! *LOL*

Anonymous said...

I'd tell him to go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut but I'm not nearly as nice as you ... nor am I as cute but that's another show. Thanks for popping in Binsker. **muwah**
TG

Stephanie said...

That's very sweet.

A very friendly Cuban-born homeless man on the streets of London offered me salsa lessons and a kiss last night. I said "that's very nice, but I really don't know my telephone number". It was sweet, but I wasn't going there.

Sassy said...

That's just creepy.

bricotrout said...

ah, heres binsky's chance to make someone feel good while letting them know 'no!'
you say 'what made you keep that in until after i had a boyfriend?' let him answer then say 'well, youre timing is indeed bad. im now quite happy in my comitted relationship. i suggest next time you be a little more forth coming with your feelings when you have them rather than waiting until the opportunity is gone.'
this doesnt come across so much as a rejection and also gives him a shot of confidence. then if he persists you have the right to be rude or at least blatantly forward 'i told you, i am in a commited relationship. its time for you to drop it.'
then he will. he wont want to lose another inch of ground with someone he thinks could possibly be into him under the right circumstances.
i think tommy gun needs to get laid! lol

Ophelia Mourne said...

hahah thats much better then what I suggest. Dont call him back at all. lol I avoid explaining shit to guys. They just dont get it sometimes.