Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hives

To dream that you break out in hives, indicates that you are worried about some situation or decision. It also signifies nervousness and even fear.

Talked to the owner at work. He said he was "taking me off the schedule". That's nicer than firing me huh? He said it was because of the "incident" where I refused to serve a table because the guy at it was somebody that worked in my other "day" job. I basically hid in the back. Ha ha. Anyway my dad who I also work with at my day job said that I did the right thing and we don't need people in our work knowing that I am waiting tables because I am so broke. (Not that there's anything wrong with waitressing or waitresses, there are a few of them there that I will continue to hang out with. Not to mention the sexy Jason.)

And blah, blah "I will put down that you resigned on your papers if you prefer, whatever you'd like" and "Please feel free to come in here any time."

Yeah when I get a hankering for apple crisp microwaved in plastic wrap, or five pounds of meat, eggs and cheese in a skillet I'll for sure drop in.

10 comments:

Osbasso said...

I'm so sorry for you. I don't know what I'd do in your situation, but I know that the owner's an asshat. Wish I could tell you something that will help...

Memphis said...

Oh hell, that sucks! I'm really sorry, Robin. I know it is just a side job, but it still hurts.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, you really seemed to like that job, and you appraoched the job as a SERVER with such panache and enthusiasm...the customer service industry took a loss there.

Robin said...

Dumbest people ever.
I'm sorry, Robin. I'm sure they'll realize their loss... and I'm sure you'll be glad to know it ;)

Robin Alexa said...

Hey sarcasm, they are still called waitresses at places where they use "whipped dairy topping".

And rather than taking out my frustrations on the tools that would frequent that establishment I would continue to be professional (well as professional as one could be in a blue golf tee a.k.a. our uniform) and then I would rant about the ridiculousness of some people on here.

But you go right ahead and leave anonymous sarcastic comments you big baby.

Marianna said...

Bullcrap on sarcasm & bullcrap about the job, hon. I really wish I could win the lottery sometimes...

M~

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the job!

But you know that karma is going to come around and bite this guy in the ass someday... his restaurant will either burn down, or you'll become so rich one day that you'll buy the place and relegate him to a dish-washing job... there's something far better for you out there.

Mossy Stone said...

Ask the boss if he has heard of the term "constructive dismissal" and what it would mean to him if you went to the labour board. I agree that asshattery seems to be running rampant at the other job, but a little dignity isn't too much to ask for, is it?

Sassy said...

That is bull puckey!
I'll buy you a beer (or two!) soon and then we can get some sexy guys to piss on the walls of that *fine* establishment if you'd like.

Tish said...

I would think that everyone would end up in a situation at least once where they prefer not to serve a certain table. I can't understand why another waitress couldn't take the table for you. Sounds like the manager is a jerk. So sorry!