Saturday, August 27, 2005

Sharkey's on the water

So they've been talking about tearing down the best patio bar here for years but apparently this is the last summer.

Used to be INFATUATED with girl on left's brother when I was a teenager. It was girl on right's birthday last night which is why she is wearing a fur tiara. I hope. Just kidding, I've known her forever and she is as sane as I am!

It was packed last night. Packed.

It does suck that they are tearing this place down, it's got a lot of character.

It might look like they kicked me out in this picture, but I am leaving willingly.

The guy waving goodbye i.d.'d me when I first got there. I rolled my eyes and showed him this first.

He said something like "How long have you been around for?" Yep.
Old school card.
Got to walk the red carpet rather than go around back to line up though.
And now a series of tipsy-camera-happy-girl takes a walk by herself. I can't imagine what anybody who might have seen this would be thinking.




And this is what is what I saw.

I managed to get home. I'll probably stay here all day and eat popsicles.

15 comments:

Krista said...

it's always sad when your favourite places is being torn down but seems that you've had some good memories there. you can hold onto those. A little lame but it's sentimental. :)

Lisa said...

you should have told him "I've been around so long...I remember when it was still "the riverside."

That would have shut him up =)

Great pics!

Memphis said...

Hey girl! Looks like you had a fun night. So when you're a little ripped you pull out the camera and start photographing yourself? Hmm, this could tend to make a woman popular on the internet, that's what I'm thinking. :)

Anonymous said...

Wild -- there's a Sharkey's in my neighborhood too. Only it's not Sharkey's on the water, it's more Sharkey's by the alley near the parking lot, down from the No-Frills. Also has a good patio though.

JTL said...

Where is this "Sharkey's" of which you speak?

Robin Alexa said...

In the ville du Oak.

Osbasso said...

I wish we had a decent patio bar in town.

JTL said...

Ah, the lovely burgh of Oakville. I drove through there recently solely on Lakeshore, as opposed to the QEW.

What houses! What grandeur! What opulence!

Very spiffy.

mcgibfried said...

you know you were thrown out of that bar..
i'm guessing that it was all the fights you were starting!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Sharkey's on the Water, I've lived a sheltered lfie. Nice pictures though.

Calvin said...

yeah, sucks when they're tearing a fave hangout down.. that looked like a fun time! :-)

Robin said...

Every time I return home, something I love has been torn down and replaced by something resembling a Starbucks or a TGIFridays. So sad...
Imagine, it being so packed (red carpet and everything) and yet it must be torn down? Makes no sense!

Shinta said...

Are all Canadian bouncers more friendly-looking than their American counterparts? :D

christy said...

oh no that place does not have purple stairs

i am in love

Anonymous said...

I love places that you can sit outside..I like the stairs. Very BARNEY!