Friday, January 21, 2005

Think Happy Thoughts

Since January 24th has now been mathematically proven to be the most depressing day of the year , I thought I might prepare myself by writing out some random quotes.

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best.
William M. Thackeray

Love is always bestowed as a gift -- freely, willingly, and without expectation...We don't love to be loved; we love to love.
Leo Buscaglia

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt, as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.
Paul H. Duhn

People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
Hugh Downs

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
Victor Marie Hugo

Quotes found here and here

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I think the most important thing in life is people. And if we just try to focus on the people we know (family, friends, umm.... bloggers), then we don't have to be depressed on Jan 24th. I love talking with people. It makes me feel alive; especially knowing that I have friends (people that care about my thoughts and feelings). I'm sure you have those people. I know you got us bloggers here like me you wait anxiously everyday to see what you have to say. Ok, I'll stop... I'm sounding too mushy, but you get the picture!

Robin Alexa said...

It's almost 4 p.m. I think I'm going to make it through this day after all! Thanks for your post on Friday Jonathan...you are very right.