Monday, March 06, 2006

The Oscars...

Somehow I ended up watching most of this shit even though I thought I would rather stick a stake in my eye.

My thoughts:

Dolly Parton is freaky skinny.

Her song was a MILLION times better than that pimp song that won though.

Political crap as usual.

Tom Hanks' forehead is twice the size that it was the last time I saw it.

Reese Witherspoon is awesome and I actually clapped when she finished her speech. I was watching it alone which makes the clapping much more ridiculous.

I didn't see a nominee that lost that actually hid their disappointment.

Uma was not looking her best.

The "In Memoriam" part of the show always makes me cry. Richard Pryor, Chris Penn, Shelly Winters and on and on. Damn.

Ben Stiller, that dude from The Office, and that guy from Saturday Night Live were funny. I really can't remember their names right now.

Matt Dillon shoulda won 'cause he's Matt Dillon you fuckers from the Academy. No I didn't see the movie he was in, but I did see The Outsiders...and he's Matt Dillon you fuckers.

2 comments:

christy said...

last year when i watched the oscars i actually cried when some of the people gave their speeches.

ok let's never speak of this again.

Outburst said...

You should watch Crash. It's a good movie and Dillon does a great job.
I mean, it's no Something About Mary, but then what is?