Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Half my life ago


So today I go to deliver a cheque for work at another real estate company - in the lobby there's a guy who looks at me funny and then says "I know you". I look at his face for a minute and don't know how I know him. He says "We went to high school together". Okay yeah he looks sorta familiar. I say "Oh hi, it's been like 15 years" he says "17 to be exact". 17 YEARS!!!!! OMG. I guess I just don't normally do the math back to graduation, but it blows me away that it was 17 years ago. And after 17 years this guy recognized me....woah.

6 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

He so has/d a crush on you. You were so his high school sweetheart. Because after 17 years he still remembers. That's quite sweet really. :)

Anonymous said...

My neighbour came over one day and said he had been meaning to ask me if I was Kim "so and so" (used my maiden name) Come to find out we went to grade school together, I'm talking 25 years ago LOL Even after talking for an hour with the guy, he says - so now do you remember me? To which I replied ... No ... LOL

Robin Alexa said...

Laurian - I didn't think of it that way but I guess that's a possibility, I am pretty lovable :)

Kim - I felt bad just standing there looking at him with zero recognition on my face...oh well I didn't mean to not remember him!

Brandon said...

unforgettable. that's what you are.

Peas on Toast said...

I'm sure you are ;)

Robin Alexa said...

Awwwwwwww...you guys! I'm blushing ;)