Friday, July 28, 2006

My mom told me that I am a direct descendant of this dude.

She says there is a book with the family tree that goes right down to her name...I hope they revise it soon and put me and my brother in it because then I could carry it around and impress people.

I did some reading on him and I liked what I read.

"Oliver Cromwell believed passionately in what he called 'liberty of conscience', that is freedom for a range of groups and faiths to practise their beliefs undisturbed and without disturbing others. Several times he referred to this religious liberty as the principal achievement of the wars, to be strengthened and cherished now that peace had returned."

6 comments:

Krista... said...

didn't Cromwell get his head chopped off? OR was that some other dude? I swear we watched a movie on him in school

sinner said...

bet he drank stella by the truckload

Outburst said...

Kinda fitting that you're descended from a guy who was majorly responsible for the first public execution of a ruling monarch. He also conquered both Ireland and Scotland.
Not that I mean anything by that Binsk, really... don't hurt me.

the Wootang said...

i guess you have to like a guy aka old ironsides

Anonymous said...

Yeah, OK ... I'm suitably impressed but I still say you got better boobs than Ole Ollie and that impresses me more than any old lineage could. Have a great weekend Binsker!

Memphis said...

Dude, they dug up his body and hung it!

All I got in my tree is Thomas Jefferson. But he's pretty good, too. At least, we like to think so.

Hey, your dude oppressed Scotland! Not cool! But I won't hold it against you. Just take me to a hockey game sometime and we'll call it even.