Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I know I said I needed a break, but it’s hard to stop blogging after I’ve been doing it almost every day for a year…and some things need to be blogged.

Let’s go back to last summer.

I am sitting on the patio of a local bar by myself. This guy comes out and asks me if he can sit at my table to have a cigarette. I say okay. Dude tells me he’s waiting for someone, but he thinks that they might not show up. Okay. Then he asks me my name. I tell him. He tells me his. I am pretty, how shall we say, standoffish. He is quite pleasant. He asks me what I do for a living. I tell him that I’m in sales. He tells me that he is the lead singer of a rock band that does gigs opening for big names around the States and Canada. (Yeah right, and I’m an astronaut and a fairy princess. I don’t say this, but I’m sure my eyes do). He continues on despite my obvious bitchiness. He tells me the name of his band. I haven’t heard of them. He asks me what is wrong. I say something snotty I’m sure (can’t remember exactly but I know I was hardly the conversationalist.) After about two or three cigarettes he says, “I guess my friend isn’t going to show up so I’m going to go. It was nice to meet you and I hope you feel better soon.” (Yeah, bye rock star. I don’t say this either, but I think it in my bitchy little head). I go home and Google the name of the band he said he was in and find out that indeed he is the lead singer. I guess I shouldn’t have treated him like a lying freak after all.

Flash forward to last night. I am watching Rock Star INXS. I’ve watched it a couple of times before but last night I realized that this is the guy that sat with me. Crazy. Maybe if I had been nice to him I’d now have a friend that is auditioning to be the lead singer of INXS.
Anyway, he seems a little cocky and annoying on the show but when I met him he was quite the opposite. I really don’t know why or how he sat for so long talking to a snippy stranger girl.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

omigod robin...i know that guy, he is a total dirtbag con man -hence he is doing really well on a rotted reality show.

thank you for the bday wishes on raymi's site, hopefully i'll see you for girl's night this weekend.

i hope all is well and you definitely dodged a bullet with that loser.

kisses,
aimster

Princess Pessimism said...

same shit happened hear , I used to be really into dancing , I had been doing it since i was a child and one night i was in a bar in the states and I ran into this girl who sais she loved my dancing and was a dancer for janet jackson, I gave her the cold shoulder and blew her off for some other girl in was trying to pick up and the next morning in my room i saw a video for janet and this girl was in it, totally fucked my chances for anything , not that i ever had anything , but i learned that everything has reasons, now i'm a call center rep , life ambitions have not beenmet , but are on the horizon.

p.S: keep blogging , you rock.

traceofblistex said...

Hmmm.... interesting!

Anonymous said...

It's O.K. if you were kind of bitchy Robin, He's kind of a cock. I've been watching that show and though he's good he's shown himself to be a total narcissist and a lovely woman like you don't need a man like dat! Friend or otherwise.

mcgibfried said...

boyakasha!

Epikate said...

Binski! I knew you couldn't stay away long...

Wait? Aren't girls supposed to be bitchy in bars.. I'm so confused.

Boo on reality tv. It reminds me of slimy boys in bars you have to be bitchy to.. ;)

Lisa said...

welcome back rob!

Anonymous said...

Pretty girls have been known to get guys to do strange things :) And obviously being nice to them isnt really that strange.

Krista said...

famous or not, cocky guys aren't cool at all.

Peas on Toast said...

That's pretty funny. One way to check if he really is cocky, is to go to one of his concerts and try to get backstage. ("Hi, remember me?")

If he doesn't, then there's always Adam Duritz, you know ;)

clara* said...

CRAZY!! wow. watch now you'll be nice to the next guy who sits next to you and is annoying and he'll end up stalking you.

ya just can't win!

owen said...

i just stumbled upon your blog. and i've actually seen clips of the inxs reality show. i remember that jd dude. didn't like him.

so yeah, i'm glad you dissed him.

cool blog!

mr. tomas ubik said...

binsk youre way more like 7/8ths cool, which is better i think, but im not really into math.


i keep finding your site off of random links from random parties.


who likes to party?

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

So, you're not just that way with me? LOL
WOW, now I'll be on "Who wants to be INXS's Blogger!"

Thanks Binny!

Scott & Julia said...

Welcome back!

And of course you have to be bitchy in bars. There's too many freaks out there. Geez, some guys are just thick. How many times do you have to snap at them before they get the point that you don't want to talk to them?

~J~ said...

*laugh* I think it's great! And I wouldn't feel too bad. If he actually got the bitchy message, he wouldn't have stuck around for so long. As dense as guys can be, they just aren't into rejection.

Too funny!

Memphis said...

You are both celebrities.

My guitar teacher from high school was in Brother Kane. They made a lot of money. Now he's back in my hometown playing at a club where everyone I ever went to high school with hangs out. He's pretty cool, but the women hurl themselves at him, especially the really YOUNG ones.

Robin said...

Binsk, I've always admired your intelligence as well as your bitchiness, so please take this with all the love that is intended:

STUPID! STUPID STUPID GIRL!!!!!

Even my husband said, "Wow, he's hot."

Come on - I'd hit that, lead singer or not.

Anonymous said...

Very funny.

I have many conversations with stand offish girls. Too bad I didn't amount to anything..

Pratt said...

*sigh* I still miss Michael Hutchence.

Blog ho said...

he sounds like a douche.