Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Levi's song circa 1970 something

My brother and I used to travel around the neighbourhood singing this Levi's jingle to our neighbour's parents. We actually used to get requests!!

I'm going to ask him if he wants to go back to our old hood for a reunion tour. Here are the lyrics as best as I can remember them (I searched for them on Google but couldn't find them...but I'm pretty sure these are right):

Bought a pair of Levi's
They've really been around
I've taken them camping
And I've laid them on the ground

They've come with me to parties
And they've climbed up a tree
Oh they've been to school so often
They're nearly smart as me

And after years and years of wearing
My Levi's in and out
I couldn't help but notice
That the knee wore out

So I sewed on a patch
A flower here and there
And they looked so good again
I could take them anywhere

I'm using them as cutoffs now
And flying in the air
Oh I really think it's time
That I bought another pair

You can live in Levi's!! (YAH!) The YAH at the end is VERY important...it makes the whole song.

Anybody else remember this jingle?? You'd have to be over 30 and from Canada (or the States maybe...don't know)

10 comments:

mcgibfried said...

um.. no.. but you have a beautiful voice in my head!

Rusty said...

No clue, but I fit neither of the criterion.

If kids ever come to my porch with offers to sing, I plan on bringing out the hose. It's what I do.

Glad you made it out dry!

Robin Alexa said...

MCG-Well thank you, it's beautiful and it's real.

Rusty-Smarten up! I keed, I keed.

Peas on Toast said...

Nope, it never quite reached here. Must've got lost in the post. However: that jingle alone would make me go out and get me a pair of Levis.

Jolly good stuff. These advertisers might be fulla lies, but at least they're creative. :)

Heather said...

i am picturing you guys all cute and little with shaggy 70's hair, singing this song. cute as HELL!

i've never heard it, but it would be cool to dig up one of the old commericials...it's got to be some where...

zuzula said...

i don't think it made it to the UK either... but I'd love to hear it! can you post an MP3? :)

Robin Alexa said...

If I can find the audio for this ad I will FOR SURE post it. Just have no idea where I would find it.

Cactus Prick said...

I just stumbled across your blog - I love it!
P.S. I searched levi.com for you - nothing there. I don't think it made it to the States?

Laura said...

I can remember pretty much every single jingle from my childhood and this isn't even ringing any bells for me. Sorry..but I don't think it made it to the states, either. Dang..it's a LOOOONG jingle at that!
~L.

Robin M said...

hmm... i must be a little young for that cuz i've never heard it either! i wish i had! i can totally see myself memorizing it too...