Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Flashback

My parents cleaned their basement and gave me a box full of my crap, most of it audiotapes. Well it turns out the audiotapes are all of my answering machine messages from about 16 to 21 years of age. I completely forgot that I kept all of these...I thought it was a new disorder (I have messages on my call answer right now that I have saved and resaved for years.)

I am going to figure out how to post audio and post some of these messages. So if you've known me since then, you may hear yourself...and if you haven't I'm sure you will be amused by these teenage ramblings from the 80's.

7 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

The same thing happened to me. My folks found a box of old cassettes from me talking when I was 2 years old, through to my first reading book, to when I was a teenager. It's hysterical. But too embarrassing to share.

So I've stashed them away for my grandkids one day. Or whoever's around :)

zuzula said...

How cute! a friend of mine found some little fake 'interviews' she'd recorded on cassette with her dad when she was 6 years old. And now she's a well known radio presenter! could be a whole new career path for you Robin... :)

Robin M said...

My aunt gave me a cassette last time I went to visit her - turns out it was something my mom and I had sent her when she was at University in Toronto! I was about 4 years old then, and I was a lippy little thing - but damn was I funny! :) It's kinda weird to hear your own voice from when you're that little...

Heather said...

man, i wish i had tapes like that. they would be sooooo funny to hear now.

Robin said...

I have a feeling you are going to be tripping on memory lane for a long while... how much fun are YOU going to have???

Last Girl On Earth said...

I can't wait to hear these? Do you mind if I copy this idea? (I'll give you credit, of course!) It gets me thinking about all of those old cassettes I refused to throw out!

Robin Alexa said...

Sure...I was going to copy you with the really cool music, and touring but sadly I could not :)