Monday, June 16, 2008

My mother found this and gave me a copy. Thanks mom.

I bet my cousin Steph and my friend Heather wish that I had read it before I had a cryfest in their ears on Saturday night (because I sold a bunch of crap at a garage sale and other ridiculous reasons).

Apparently I have some attachment issues, but to inanimate objects.

I have to stop it because I don't want to end up like one of those people who hasn't seen their carpet in 5 years because their house is PACKED full of garbage that they think are treasures.



Happiness cannot be found through great effort and willpower.

But it is already present in open relaxation and letting go.

Don't strain yourself, there is nothing to do or undo.

Whatever momentarily arises in the body mind has no real importance at all.

Far better to simply let the entire game happen on its own.

Springing up and falling back like waves; without changing or manipulating anything.

Everything vanishes and reappears, magically, again and again, time without end.

Although peace and happiness do not exist as an actual thing or place, it is always available and accompanies you every instant.

Vain Song by Venerable Gendun Rinpoche


Word.