Friday, May 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Mitchie...

I tried...I really did.

I planned on sending you some lovely flowers today for your birthday just like the ones you sent me for mine, but it just didn't work out.

I get up this morning to find my internet is not working, so I shut down the computer and try again. Nope. I leave it for a while and come back. Still down. So after another hour or so of waiting and checking I call Bell, and they inform me that I have been cut off for non payment. I say that's not possible it's supposed to come off of my credit card every month. They say that my credit card has expired. Well yeah, but they sent me a new one with the same number. They say but the new expiry date is what we need. Okay, so I give them the new expiry date and they put my internet back on. Phew.

Then I order the flowers. Some time later I receive a call from an FTD woman in the States telling me that 2 p.m. is the cut off for today's delivery...it's 2:03 p.m. and I ordered the flowers waaaaaaay before 2. So I say okay well it's her birthday today so if you could cancel my order I will find someone who can deliver them today. She says okay I will refund your credit card now. Cool. So I phone Canada Flowers and a lovely lady named Audrey answers and says she will check to see if she can squeeze in my order for today's delivery....holding...holding...Audrey's back and yes, she can deliver the flowers today!! Yayyyy...I just have to go online and fill out the same information all over again and she will put it through. I place the order. 1o minutes later the phone rings again, it's Audrey. My credit card won't go through, and of course time is ticking for the flowers to be sent today. She verifies my credit card number and expiry date. Yep that's what she has but it's been declined twice. Well that's not possible I say, because there should be plenty of room on my credit card. But what can Audrey do?? She tried. So I thank her very much for trying and hang up.

Twenty minutes later my credit card company calls to verify some activity on my account. Ohhhhhhhhh...so they wouldn't let my second payment go through because they thought it was suspicious, not because I didn't have any room on my card. Great, thanks. And according to them the first flower place has still not refunded my money. So maybe you will end up with flowers in the end...but not on your birthday. Sorry Mitchie! I hope you have a good birthday anyway.
I'll make it up to you when we get together to celebrate in June.

Lesson for today: Don't leave things to the last minute, especially when there are other people and computers involved.

6 comments:

Robin M said...

wow, that's frustrating! sounds like something that would happen to me... i am always having troubles with some form of customer service or another. it's a curse. my roommate begs to differ, but she's an optimist. i'm just cynical.
have a great long weekend, whatever you end up doing!

Lisa said...

the lady at FTD should have put the order through...they always have a little leeway. She must have been having a rough day =(

Have a blast in Muskoka...sigh... I miss cottage country too! They have lakes here...but they are so small...and all surrounded by million dollar homes so it's not like you can actually go and just chill.

mcgibfried said...

the travels going well so far?

Madame D said...

Okay, since your order was taken before 2, you should have whipped out the "That's nice. I'd like to speak to your supervisor now".
But then, I'm a bitch when I know that I'm in the right, and they're not.
Bad online ordering people!

Anti-Blogger said...

Let me test it...what is your CC # and expiry date?

I need to order some corn.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin. Well... better late than never. I'm a little bored at work right now (not that it's an excuse or anything), so I went to your blog and found a personalized message to ME! Thank you so much for trying to send me flowers. It really means a lot to me. I don't need presents and flowers on my birthday to show me that you care about me. The blog entry was more than enough. It's people like you that make life the gift that it is. Thank you:)) Mitchie