Monday, February 05, 2007

SURELY you will be posting SOMETHING in your blog about the Superbowl half-time show…tell me you saw Prince perform in what can only be the best half-time show I've ever seen.

Holy crap, he did "Purple Rain" in the rain! And the stage was lit up all purple! And someone here is trying to tell me that he wasn't really playing the guitar, just because it was electric and everything was wet and all. RIGHT! I told him to shut it. (In my head, I mean.)


This is from my buddy that I have known since we were 12 or 13.

We used to watch Purple Rain over and over again. And Flashdance.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Super Bowl? That's dat?

Oh! That game played by wussies wearing helmets and all that padding. The pansies! :)

Osbasso said...

That was far better than any halftime show they've had in years (except the Aerosmith/Britney/N'Sync/whoever else one from a few years ago. that one kicked ass--even with the ho-bag herself).

tkkerouac said...

I'm just visiting wondering what your all about, can you tell me more about your self help discovery?

wopanese said...

I'm pretty sure he was actually playing the guitar, even in the rain... well, it definitely looked like it to me, and I'm a guitarist/musician/rock star wannabe. The light was on on that wireless pickup and his fingers really seemed to be moving the right way for all those notes...

but, hey, Prince is so damned good on the guitar, he could probably fake it incredibly well, too.

But I'm thinking it was live...

The rain would eventually get inside a pickup and cause some shorting, to be sure, but most of the wiring and such is interioir, and behind where the exposed pickups go is mostly empty space...

He was not in any danger of getting fried, if that was your concern, since he was using a wireless rf setup...

now the keyboards? Who knows.

Regardless, the guy rocked.

wopanese said...

Oh, that was wopanese, me, who left said remark from Anthony