Friday, September 17, 2004

75 Things

1. I was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba but I don't remember it because we left there when I was 2 1/2 and I have never been back.

2. My brother is exactly 2 1/2 years younger than me so his birthday is my "half birthday" and vice versa. Make sense?

3. I once broke my toe kicking my brother in the shin.

4. I think I want to get married. And I think I want to have a child. But I'm not sure.

5. I love to sing.

6. Actually, I love anything to do with music. Except for jazz music.

7. I've been told I look like Neve Campbell by many people.

8. I take it as a compliment.

9. I am currently single and I live alone.

10. My middle name is Alexa. It was my Grandmother's name. I hate that it is trendy now.

11. I love the Toronto Maple Leafs.

12. Doug Gilmour once bodychecked me but there wasn't any ice. And no, it's not a sexual thing.

13. I have no time for phony people.

14. I am psychic, but not on demand. It comes and goes when it wants.

15. Some people call them coincidences, but I know they aren't.

16. I drink a lot of green tea.

17. My parents have been married for 38 years...together for 44.

18. I am in to holistic medicine.

19. Mostly because my mom has been since I can remember.

20. I love to try new and unusual food.

21. Uni (raw sea urchin) is the worst thing I have ever tasted.

22. I like fishing. But I hardly ever fish.

23. I think that new parents are annoying.

24. Until they stop thinking they have just created an uber human.

25. I'm a bit of a rebel. But a lot less than I used to be.

26. I want a boat.

27. My lucky number is 4.

28. I would love to be a professional photographer.

29. I like beer. A lot.

30. I am a Capricorn Rooster.

31. I had really blonde hair for 5 years. My family hated it.

32. I like being a brunette better.

33. I hate to fly but I'd love to travel a lot more.

34. I can twist my arms all the way around.

35. I think it's my shoulders that are double jointed.

36. Every time I hear a word that I don't know I have to look it up as soon as possible. Every time.

37. I cannot tell jokes. I always screw them up.

38. I tend to keep things inside until they build up.

39. I've realized that it's not healthy and I'm not going to do it anymore.

40. I'm very loyal.

41. I used to be a lifeguard.

42. I quit because it was so boring.

43. I'm not religious but I am spiritual. I think Buddhism is pretty good stuff though.

44. I also think Buddhas are cute. I have two of them.

45. I think fifty things is a lot.

46. I wonder if you are still reading this?

47. My car is always messy.

48. I carry Purell hand sanitizer wherever I go.

49. I've been to Hawaii.

50. I love plants and flowers...maybe I should live in a forest.

51. I have never met a person that drives a Jaguar that I didn't want to punch in the face. What a bunch of tools.

52. I cannot STAND the sound of the dryer finishing.

53. I won a colouring contest when I was 13.

54. I lied and said I was 12.

55. When I was 19 I was unjustly fired from a coffee shop. My boyfriend at the time was so upset that I was crying that he took an entire garbage bag full of croissants and dumped them in the middle of the floor during their morning rush.

56. Another boyfriend, another lost job, and a molotav cocktail. I SWEAR I had NO idea he was going to do something like that.

57. The Dollar Store confuses me. How can they sell all of that shit for only a dollar?

58. "Give me Shelter" is my favourite Rolling Stones song.

59. I've been drinking with Darrell Power of Great Big Sea. He's as funny as all of the other Newfies I've met.

60. I always mute commercials when I'm watching t.v. due to the fact that they turn the volume up to mach gazillion. Yeah, I know mach is speed.

61. I am a very light sleeper so don't try and sneak into my bedroom when I'm sleeping.

62. I think the sleep button on an alarm clock is one of the greatest inventions ever. I'm surprised mine hasn't worn out.

63. Me going really fast one way, cop going in the other direction turns to chase me, lights flashing, siren going, I get away.

64. I can drink most people under the table.

65. I always have a Bionaire air purifier running, mostly for the sound.

66. I have four piercings in my ears, three on the right, one on the left, but I never wear earrings because they make my ears red and itchy.

67. Flip This House on A&E is my new favourite show.

68. I played hockey for one year when I was 11.

70. I think university is a bunch of bull unless you are going to be doctor.

71. I think everyone should stop microwaving stuff in plastic. Trust me, it'll kill you.

72. I tried out to be a cheerleader, I made the team, and then I quit.

73. My favourite word is Haligonian.

74. Sometimes I play dumb to see if new people I meet are nice or not.

75. Sometimes I'm just a little south of smart on unpurpose.

3 comments:

Memphis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Memphis said...

I tried out to be a cheerleader. In college. I made it. They gave me a scholarship and told me to put my hands on beautiful girls and lift them over my head. I figured it couldn't get any better than that. It pretty much never has.

Anonymous said...

J'aime vraiment ce que vous faites avec votre blog, et vous encourage � le garder vers le haut.Genuinely, Dolores knn air filters