Thursday, May 29, 2008


Watching Big Brother Australia on YouTube because I am a BB addict.

Some of the housemates were hypnotized today (the most susceptible)

I was hypnotized once. I forgot my name. Repeatedly. It's a really strange and surreal experience.

After reading some of the comments that people were leaving about the Big Brother people being hypnotized, I decided to Google what personality type is most easily hypnotized and I found this:

"Hypnotizability does not appear to show any obvious correlation with any of the usual personality traits or characteristics. Not only is gullibility not directly correlated, but gender, extroversion/introversion, and neurotic tendencies have also been shown not to correlate well with hypnotizability. (phew!)

T.X. Barber and his colleague Sheryl Wilson did some interesting research where they apparently identified some loose correlates to hypnotizability, and which appear to enhance an individual's capacity to respond to hypnotic suggestion.

Called the 'fantasy prone personality,' (FPP) these people do not seem to form a unitary personality type, but represent a diverse group of naturally imaginative and visionary individuals.

Josephine Hilgard and other researchers have also found similar results, that some people have particularly rich inner fantasy lives and cultivate a lifetime of vivid imagery experience corresponding to an openness to unusual experience, extraordinary memory in many cases, capacity for intense concentration, sharp sensory acuity, and unusually strong somatic responses to mental imagery (such as response to placebos)."

That's right I am smart and shit. ;)

Have you ever been hypnotized, if so what do you think?

If you haven't ever been hypnotized and you want to call it bullshit, shut up, because you don't know.

Love Binsk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are watching BB!?! I thought that addiction left months ago? tsk tsk.

sinner said...

a hypnotherapist tried to put me under but failed. I was aware the whole time wondering when it was going to happen

Anonymous said...

I signed up to be hypnotized back in university and I went in thinking, this isn't going to work, although I really did want it to. I thought it would be kinda cool to be hypnotized so I focused really hard on doing exactly as they said, but it just didn't work. Could be that my unconscious mind (even though I was conscious, if that makes sense) was saying, don't even pretend you think you can be hypnotized, 'cuz you know it ain't happening.

Yeah, sometimes my unconscious mind has really bad grammar.