Monday, July 16, 2007

Me: "I had a HUGE crush on you in high school."

(Yeah I had a few beers before I sent this gem out - but I really did have a huge crush on him)

Bob: "No way. What on earth did you have a crush on? Was it my sense of fashion or the bloodshot eyes? Come on...you're pullin' my leg. Where are you now and forgive me...the name is ringing bells but the animated picture is not really pulling it all together."

Me: "Ha ha! Yes way! I was friends with Lindsay (that's where I saw your name) and you lived on her street or nearby right? You were older and you talked to us, and you had puppy dog eyes. I'm in Toronto. (that's an internet lie folks, I told him where I actually am) Where are you?"

Bob: "I still don't believe you...well maybe sorta. The animation is a little daunting - guess I'm one to talk.

Facebook continues to be a really weird place."

Me: "I know totally."

(Can you believe I said "I KNOW TOTALLY" like some kind of valley girl? It's the Big Brother live feeds rubbing off on me I tell you, they say 'like' every 4 seconds. At least I didn't do that)


Me cont'd: "I remember you in your 'Barrie dinner jackets' and Kodiaks. Or that's what my memory is telling me."

(Yes this is how old I am, boys wore Kodiaks to school in my day. Also you can change Barrie for any hickish town nearby where you live)

Bob: "Dinner jackets - yes I did have a dinner jacket phase for a while didn't I, yup...I did. Had forgotten about those. Nice.

Alright then yes, you knew me and you are not just making it up."

Gotta love Facebook

8 comments:

Marianna said...

Ahhh liquid courage does strange things to us! :)

I missed Sunday's episode & I forgot to record it! AAACK! I must find it online somewhere!

M~

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

You're such a girl.

Ophelia Mourne said...

awww thats so cute.

Jetson Stamina said...

Ahhh dinner jackets... the poor man's house coat and scarf.

Sassy said...

How can you not have a crush on a guy with the ol' north bay dinner jacket?

The Middle Child said...

That's like totally cool!

ha.

Happy Day!

Shadowdog said...

I admire your courage in posting this. If I ever posted a transcript of a conversation when I'm trying to be all sauve and shit, I'd never been able to show my face in any blog again.

Memphis said...

I have tried and tried to change my name on Facebook so you will add me, and it will not let me. If you know how to do it, please let me know.