Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So my gas box, or whatever you call the thing that brings gas in to your house was COVERED, I mean COVERED in ice. And I didn't know this. So I drive in to my driveway and a nice man all dressed in orange coveralls carrying a Tim Horton's coffee jumps out of his truck as I am walking in to my house and says "Hi there, the meter reader called and told us that your gas meter is encased in ice, I haven't looked at it yet but maybe you could get your husband to build a little shelf over it so it doesn't happen again." So I say "Oh okay thank you." And then before he comes around to the back (he's still parked out front in his truck finishing his coffee) I run out back to look. The thing is not encased in ice, it is A CHESTERFIELD OF ICE, or SOFA OF ICE or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods.

IT'S HUGE.

Anyway my point is that I think it's funny when men come up with little projects, like building a gas meter shelter, for other men that they don't know. Especially when these little projects are for imaginary men like my husband.

Also I would like to thank my awesome internet friend for the Valentine's Day card I received today in the mail.

It's so cool.

And my imaginary husband isn't even jealous because he is very secure in our relationship.

16 comments:

Marianna said...

Did you take a picture of your ice sculpture in your yard? LOL

Dang, I never would have thought about building a shelf to protect it from the ice. Then again, my heat is electric. LOL

I'm protesting Valentine's Day.

M~

tkkerouac said...

I need an imaginary man to come shovel my driveway and walkway, lots of snow here.

Sassy said...

When you say chesterfield it makes me think of my grandmother's couch all covered in plastic.

Anonymous said...

Who cares if the meter is covered in ice? It won't hurt it. You're right, we all do it... us men anyway, we assume that who ever you're with has the ability to construct these little projects. Assuming you have a man there? I would assume that as well.

Leesa said...

"Sofa of Ice"??? Never heard such a thing :)

Michael said...

We don't usually have enough ice in Texas to have cute names for it. At least not in my part of Texas, maybe up in the panhandle (that's our cute name for the long skinny part of the state).

Happy Valentine's Day
xoxo
Michael

Shadowdog said...

My imaginary wife does all the projects in my house. A house that is currently falling down around my ears.

Hmmmmmm. Think there's a connection?

Paul said...

you said 'gas box'.

J-Mo said...

I should be in Toronto on Saturday. Let me know if you want me to play imaginary husband and bulid a little shelf.

Happy V-Day Ms. Binsk

Ophelia Mourne said...

Happy love Love day Binsk! xoxo

Butchie said...

So, are you going to get married, so you cand get your gaspipe boxed?

Princess Pointful said...

Quite the assumption, orange coverall man.
A husband and a creative shelter building husband, at that!
I hope he makes bird houses, too.
And paints them pretty colour in his garage.

Memphis said...

Well, your imaginary husband is a very lucky man. And if I knew your address I'd mail you a Valentine's Day card, too. But in the meantime, if I ever did somehow end up in your neck of the woods and were to meet you, I'd build you a little shelf over your meter.

Hedy De Vine said...

I want an imaginary husband too. He can wash my dishes, which, unfortunately, are not imaginary.

Anonymous said...

The imaginary husband thing sounds great... except for the imaginary sex.

Peter said...

You are lucky.

My imaginary wife nags me about EVERYTHING.