Sunday, January 21, 2007

January 24th has been scientifically proven to be the most depressing day of the year.

But just think, if you get past Wednesday everything will be on it's way up from there.

If you watch any YouTube vlogs, a.k.a. video blogs, you will see SO many sad people, gawd the whining, the gloom. (oh yeah I know vlog sounds silly, but they all say it with a straight face. Seriously.)

People telling their sorrows in video form is so much worse than in a blog. I think it's because if you are reading a blog you don't get as sucked in by a person's emotions. If you are actually watching some person that is so sad that they are crying on your computer screen it can be pretty unnnnnggh, but if you are reading a blog and it sounds all sad and depressing you can just think to yourself oh they are just kidding, or oh they were just sad for a few minutes when they typed that, I mean look at the smiling pictures in their sidebar, they're fine for sure.

But the vlog, oh the vlog.

You think okay they were obviously depressed because they were all puffy faced and crying and I am ABSOLUTELY SURE that they are still depressed because they are living in a place with one light bulb and bad wood panelling and their bedspread, or duvet cover, or whatever you call it, is ugly, really really ugly. A person can't overcome a depression sleeping in a room that looks like THAT. No way.

Anyway, it's almost Groundhog Day. Yaaaaaaay.

And it's almost Superbowl which means football will officially be over until whenever the hell it starts up again. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

And the days are getting longer. Yaaaaaaaaay.

16 comments:

Marianna said...

OMG I'm already mourning the passing of football season! Only 2 more games left. EEK! I can't wait til August... LOL.

I get sucked in to YouTube, too. I can spend hours watching stupid videos.

M~

blog bully said...

no I don't want football to be over...no. todays New England/Indy game was fantastic...even though NE lost...arg...did you watch?

I have never sat there and watch You-tube vids. perhaps I should. I need another waste of time hobby

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Binny, maybe you need to start a "Happiness through nicer duvets" movement/program.
First though, you'll have to explain to me what the phuc a "duvet" IS.

Shadowdog said...

You're mean! (hugs the game of football) "It's okay, sweetie, she didn't mean it."

It's funny how you said "I mean look at the smiling pictures in their sidebar, they're fine for sure." because I've actually done that with blog. You have a face on your sidebar for every kind of post.

Starting with the top photo:

1) "I don't have time for you people right now, watch this video I found."

2) "This is what one of you thinks I look like."

3) "I'm hotter than the sun and feeling it right now."

4) "Talk to the fingers, you annoying fucking neighbor/boss/coworker/exboyfriend/dating websitemoron/email or blog stalker!"

5) "Tee hee! I just had the funniest thought!"

Memphis said...

I haven't heard it called 'vlog' but if everyone is crying then I don't want to see them. I just don't need that right now.

Football isn't almost over. It's climaxing in the form of the Super Bowl. After that is the China Bowl and the Pro Bowl. Then baseball starts and we all get to watch the Cubs lose for another season.

Joe said...

How depressing...but there was no reason to drag football into it, Binsk. That's just mean. I mean, what has the NFL ever done to you?

*sigh*

Ophelia Mourne said...

all that blahblahing of football makes me depressed. haha
I wonder how they figured out the 24th of Jan to be the most depressing day.

April Schultz said...

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who hates football! tehe! By the way, I'm a friend of Shadowdog. He told me I should check out your blog. I've been lurking for the past week or so. I thought I should make myself known. Lurkers kind of scare me :)

Krista said...

Ew vblog, why god why. If you want video emotions then go watch some Music Television. I heart you Binsk! And yes the longer days are something we should be looking forward to, I know I am. :)

Butchie said...

Vlog sounds really gay.

Some Random Girl said...

I love it when football ends!

Hedy De Vine said...

i hate football. but i love watching the superbowl (or maybe it's the commercials in between) and getting drunk.

i woulda sworn jan. 22 was the most depressing day of my life. sounds like it's only gonna get worse.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I don't know Binny...today has been pretty damn depressing.

J-Mo said...

I always find SUnday night's depressing. I almost always end up out at a bar just because i fear going home to sit alone and attempt to sleep after a weekend of craziness.

Zoeyjane said...

which means that bikini season is looming! depressed about that? i can vlog it for you!

bricotrout said...

damn binsky! i read that part "and its almost superbowl sunday" i was about to dump tish and move to canada and seek you out with a 4 karot ring. then i read then next sentence and realized that i better stick with what i got. sigh.