Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thu Nov 30, 4:56 PM

SAN DIEGO (AP) - A killer whale that dragged a trainer underwater during a show at SeaWorld Adventure Park may be allowed to perform again despite past incidents stretching back to 1993, park officials said Thursday.

The whale, Kasatka, tried to bite the trainer during a show in 1999, and tried to bite another trainer in 1993. "Animals who have been involved in incidents like this in the past have been allowed to continue performing," SeaWorld San Diego spokesman Dave Koontz said.

Park trainers were examining the female orca and trying to determine what made her grab trainer Ken Peters and twice hold him underwater during a show, Koontz said.

If I were a killer whale and you were confining me and making me perform tricks I'd bite you too.

What is wrong with people?

9 comments:

Leesa said...

I thought the same thing when I read this.

Some people just don't get it.

the Wootang said...

they're called killer whales. not cuddle whales

sinner said...

she's trying to teach the trainers to do tricks like,

breathe underwater mufuggers,

count my teeth with your foot,

and,

go down on me and live.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Shit, Im not a whale and i bite people now.

Binny, I saw a girl yesterday that looked like you (not as cute/sexy though duh) and just for a second I almost yelled "BINNY!".
THAT would have been awkward/embarrassing.

J-Mo said...

I was debating on blogging about the same thing.....GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I have the sudden urge to listen to some live tragically hip.

And how's next weekend sound?

[].ragko said...

What is wrong with people? Where to begin. The problem is not with Sea World it is the fact that people will pay millions of dollars a year to watch something no different then the side shows where they had human slaves doing FEATS OF BRAVERY. (Otherwise known as jump into this pit of venomous snakes or I will kill you)

I do not understand, how people can sit in bleachers and enjoy a show like that.

Marianna said...

Amen, sistah.

M~

[].ragko said...

Sissta? Is that directed at me? I get the amen but sista? I be brotha.

Mad Munkey said...

No doubt... I'd bite his ass too.