Sunday, September 10, 2006

I won two second place pretty blue ribbons in the photography competition at the fall fair yesterday.

And I got a second job, because as you may or may not recall I had to quit my last second job because of a jerk.

Job interviews for jobs that aren't your career are so funny because you are much more relaxed and honest. At least I am.


"Robin why do you want this job?"
"Because I need money."



"Oh you worked at La Blah Blah a few months ago, why aren't you there anymore?"
"Because I didn't get along with someone there."
"Oh, a personality clash?"
"Yes."
"Yeah that happens."



"What's your availability?"
"Well I can work any time because my other job is straight commission so I make my own hours. Except I don't want to work in the mornings because it's the same amount of work but less money. Also I would like to work on the bar for as many shifts as you have."
"Okay, can you start Tuesday?"

16 comments:

sinner said...

congrats on the ribbons. let's see the pics.

bricotrout said...

second place ribbons in canada are blue? lol, you guys are so backwards up there! you all are too cute. like the slow cousin who sits at the kids table during holiday reunions. heh heh jk

Marianna said...

Yes, I wanna see the pics, too!

:)

Congrats on the win & the new job. I'll be looking for a 2nd one myself, soon. Oh ~ thanks for the advice ~ loading videos worked!

M~

Paul said...

I won a photo contest. There's a reception this week and everything!

Nome said...

Working on a bar? Sweet! Congrats, well-done, kudos. I'm envious.

Christopher D. Bate said...

I always say I need the money. Always. It usually seals the deal too.

Gretta James said...

Hey

I don;t know you but thought I'd say congrats on the new job :>

Gretta.

Jetson Stamina said...

I got a swallowed a ribbon once. No, wait, that was tinsel. Made a poo-chain. It was shiny.

But I digress.

Jetson Stamina said...

I got a swallowed a ribbon once. No, wait, that was tinsel. Made a poo-chain. It was shiny.

But I digress.

Anonymous said...

You won stuff at a photo competition? That's so cool! Congrats!

Will you post the pictures that you won the ribbons with?

Sassy said...

Congrats!!
Gotta love the fall fair! I would have come to see! Now I'll just have to stalk you at your new job!

Stay away from kitchen staff. They can be assholes sometimes.

Schadeboy said...

Hey, very well done for you! Do we get to see the photos you entered?

I'm thinking of entering some photos I took recently into the county fair here in good ol' Cochise County, AZ. If I ever get them entered, maybe I'll get some pretty blue ribbons, too.

Joe said...

Congrats on the ribbons, binsk. If you came in second, then I can only imagine how good the first place pics must have been.

Great intervew story. I love honest people.

Nome said...

How's the search for a non-creeperific date going?

Some Random Girl said...

I've been wanting to enter some photography contests. Do you take pictures with a special camera or a point and shoot? What size is the best to use for competition?

Memphis said...

That happened to me, too! I interviewed on a Monday. I told them straight up, "I've done this for 12 years, but I've only worked with the technology you want for 1 year." They called me in Tuesday to present me with an offer for exactly the salary I asked, and wanted me to start on Wednesday. Damn fastest job offer I ever had. Three days from interview to sitting in my new office. Wow!