Monday, August 07, 2006

My new nickname for my dog is puppamuppalous. Cute right? I think it's his new fave actually.
__________

Saw Clerks II last night and really liked it. I mean there were some weird parts, but overall it was enjoyable with burst out laughing parts sprinkled throughout. I'd tell you some of my favourite lines but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.
__________

Currently I am reading the book "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You To Know About" by that infomercial guy Kevin Trudeau. I don't think he's a quack at all, I think this book is FULL of really good advice.

I'm going to get rid of my microwave tomorrow and I am off the fast food and non-organic red meat period. No I am not overreacting, I've just been doing a lot of reading on natural health lately and I see the same things over and over.

Also I am going to try to be nicer. Really.
__________

I still have the live feeds for Big Brother Allstars. I'm just glad it will be over in a month because I am having problems tearing myself away.

12 comments:

Marianna said...

puppamuppalous

Is that Greek?!

:D

I know a few folks that have read that book & they thought it was good. What is non-organic red meat?

M~

Robin Alexa said...

Meat that isn't certified organic. It's grass fed and not full of hormones and disease.

Some Random Girl said...

Just a quick FYI....I saw a 20/20 special on Kevin Trudeau and he is full of shit. He has no medical background and has been known as a scam artist. Sorry to disappoint. My SIL bought that book and then we saw the special.

Robin Alexa said...

I think we should all question "who" was running the special. If you read the book and other books/websites written by naturopathic doctors (PhDs) like Dr. Andrew Weil, you will see that what Kevin Trudeau does is regurgitate what these natural doctors are saying.

This book makes perfect sense and the people that are telling us it doesn't are the ones that should be questioned.

Outburst said...

I never go ass to mouth.

Robin Alexa said...

Yeah really, not even in the heat of the moment I'd say.

________

A little more of my rant on the book:

Watch the movie "THE CORPORATION" and decide for yourself if you think the people that are most influencial (a.k.a. corporations who are buying advertising during 20/20) are really looking out for your best interests or if perhaps their bottom line means everything to them and your health means nothing.

Erik said...

Organic foods really do make a big difference on a persons health simply because they don't have all the pesticides and chemicals in them that most foods nowadays have. You don't need a medical background to know that eating poison isn't healthy.

BFD said...

The book is good. He is not a quack.

Some Random Girl said...

I think good common sense can prevent a lot of diseases. I have taken enough nutrition classes and done enough reading to know that eating meat all the time and fried food and just in general unhealthy eating can kill you. I think Mr. Trudeau's background speaks for itself. I don't think that 20/20 had anything at stake in busting out Kevin Trudeau. I 've seen them bite the hand that feeds them plenty of times.

We buy organic and try to be responsible nutritionally. I agree with that. Less red meat, hormones....anybody who has taken a physiology class can tell you what Trudeau has. I think Dr. Weil is a well respected man but Trudeau is not.

Sassy said...

Oh crap. What's wrong with microwaves??...maybe I need to learn a bit more. I try to be healthy!

Ohh and I call Cooper many names, but my current fave is "Francis Ford Coop-ala"...a mouth full but he comes to it. hehe

Memphis said...

I only eat processed corporate foods. I figure if pollution is as bad as they say then I'd have to be crazy to eat food that came out of the ground. It's dirty.

Just kidding. Yeah, 'cause I'm so funny.

Tish said...

I really enjoyed Clerks II as well! I laughed so hard! :)