Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I hate using hand cream because no matter what kind I use my hands end up all greasy and slippery like I've just rubbed them in butter.

Why do people who are going EXACTLY the same speed on the highway drive BESIDE eachother?

I don’t know where I’m going
But, I sure know where I’ve been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
And I’ve made up my mind,
I ain’t wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Though I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what I’m looking for
Oh lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
And I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time

I’m just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on love’s sweet charity
And I’m gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
And I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time


I wrote that. Okay no I didn't, Whitesnake did. But I could have.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem sad.. why don't call an old friend and go to a movie or something!

Robin Alexa said...

Because my old friend is the one that makes me sad Anonymous. And mad, and all the other ad words.

Robin Alexa said...

And my other old friends are married and shit.

Robin Alexa said...

And quit blogstalking and go find yourself a girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

Damn! You were in Whitesnake? I thought you looked familiar. LOL I'm gonna start a Canadian Bloggers League and our battle cry will be BIIIIIIIIIIIINSK! Cheer up babe.

Rik said...

LMAO @ your comments to Anon...
You should check out www.roadrage.com for your motor-vehicle-frustrations-outlet ;)

Marianna said...

Binsk was the girl in the video... remember? The totally hot girl on top of the car? Wasn't that the song I'm referring to? Oh hell.

I have the same issue with stupid drivers. I don't get it either.

Have you tried Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula hand lotion? I have the same problem. I think part of the issue is that you don't handle glycerin very well. A lot of hand lotions have too much glycerin, which leaves your hands feeling icky. Palmer's is pretty good. If you can't find it at your grocery store/Walmart (do y'all have walmarts up there??), let me know & I'll send you a bottle to try out!

M~

Marianna said...

And....

That settles it. I'm moving up there so you can have a friend to hang out with!

:)

Ok, I blog comment too much.

M~

Jetson Stamina said...

I usually follow up Whitensake with a little LoverBoy...Working for the weekend.

I Usually end the CD with Dan Band's hillarious version of Total Eclipse Of The Heart. (A Must)

Anonymous said...

I hate using hand cream though I've been using it or else my hands feel like aligator skin!

Whitesnake, they still around? I used to go out with someone from White Zombie, is that related?

Robin said...

Okay, first you're reduced to quoting Whitesnake, and now you've got anonymous up your ass.
Binsk, grab a brew and relax. I'm on my way.

MG said...

gotta love whitesnake...

Robin M said...

here's my hand cream recommendation for you: neutrogena norwegian formula. it's friggin' amazing.

Memphis said...

I was SO hopin' you were gonna ask us to guess who did that song. I could hear it screaming in my head after the first 2 lines. How 'bout them '80s?

Anonymous said...

My experience has always been that one driver will be slightly ahead of the one in the other lane, thus leading to the inevitable conclusion that we are all evolved from Canada Geese, and have not yet lost our instinctual need to travel in formation. This also explains why other drivers honk at them.

I wonder if I can get a grant to study this...

Joe said...

I hate when songwriters come up with ideas just a few years before I would have had them...

Natalia said...

I feel you..I am having one of those days too.

-N

CozyMama said...

I LOVE that song.

wopanese said...

Wow. Whitesnake. I remember the first time I heard that song. I was trying to get into this band - they needed a guitarist, vocalist, and a trombone player. Funny thing? I can do all three. But Nooooo, they had to go and hire their friend, not me! Where are they now? Exactly. See? Karma. Coulda been big and famous, but NOOOOOOOOO...

love the retort to mr anonymous, by the way. Hey, if you're bored, I'd take you to a movie or something... :)

Unknown said...

Hmm, old married friends that make you sad and mad...and here's one now who loves Whitesnake (saw them open for Motley Crue in gr. 12). Also, same friend here who shares the same name as the Whitesnake drummer.