Sunday, June 05, 2005

My brakes aren't working

Cars in dreams almost always are symbols of ourselves, and the direction we are headed in our lives. If you dream that your brakes don’t work, it usually means there is an area of your life that you feel is “out of control.”
If you can remember more details about your dream, it will help you to identify the area you are having trouble with. For example, if the car is a car that you drive every day, then the dream suggests you are experiencing difficulty in your personal life. You may be having difficulty controlling some of your personal habits - drugs, alcohol, relationships - and feel that you “can’t stop.” If the car was an old “family car” that you remember from growing up, this suggests that you feel out of control with some of your family relations. If the car belongs to a friend or friends of yours - the dream may indicate that you feel uncertain or unsure of yourself when you are around these people. If someone else is a passenger in the car with you, then you may feel that this person is leading you down a bad path - and you feel you can’t stop.
“No Brakes!” is one of the most important of all “warning” dreams. Once you figure out what this dream is about, make a conscious effort to get better control of your emotions - in whatever specific situation is indicated. If you don’t - your emotions will continue to control you - like a car without brakes!

Now I'm off to Google a dog wrapped in plastic bags and rubberbands.
That can't be good either.

9 comments:

Robin said...

There is another theory of dream analysis outside of manifest/latent objects... basically this theory says that your brain, void of any external stimulation, continues firing images left and right. Your frontal lobe (which is the area of your brain that makes sense of things) is also inactive, so the rest of your brain takes all these segments and tries to compose a story line. So, while the symbols may not have hidden meaning, the way in which you interpret your dream still says a lot about what is going on in your life.
Food for thought...

Unknown said...

This is awfully intellectual for
lazy Sunday afternoon reading. I'm going to go look at your feet pictures again.

Lisa said...

I think it means you should take a trip to the mid-west. Yes. that's definitely what dogs wrapped in plastic and elastic bands mean!

mcgibfried said...

i always assume my dreams are telling me that i'm going to die.. that can't be a good thing.

Paul said...

I never remember my dreams, so my subconscious could be trying to warn me about something, but I'm not getting the message. I hope they're not sex dreams, because I'd really like to remember those one.

Anonymous said...

"dogs wrapped in plastic and elastic bands mean!"

to me it would mean you are one sick puppy! Haha!

traceofblistex said...

I just had a dream last night where I was showering and guys from work were watching me and talking to me but I didn't care. Then I was suddenly in a house that was supposedly my ex girlfriends... there was a dog... and then I jumped into bed with 2 girls and a guy... it wasn't sexual though. I think I loved one of them, though. Romantic love.
Oh and before the shower scene I was attending the first day of school at my high school and was begging my old, strict english teacher for my new locker number and combo. Weird one!

~J~ said...

Great info. Thanks! And you Googled it? What site did it take you to?

Acid Zebra said...

Wow, I'd be very disappointed if I ever dream of cars... when there is so much *nice* stuff to dream of...