Thursday, May 05, 2005

Table for two of my personalities

So my dad and I go out for lunch today to an awesome little seafood restaurant in the hood. Half way through our lunch a woman with a very short haircut comes in and sits alone. Which is fine...until she starts having a conversation. But she is not holding a phone to her ear (the one we can't see). Now I've been known to talk to myself but not with pauses and nodding like there is 'somebody' responding. So my dad says "I hope that woman is on the phone" and I say "Yeah, I guess she has one of those earpiece things in her left ear, but it looks really weird from here, like she is having a conversation with the voices in her head" Anyway, we finish our lunch and walk out past the lady (and her left ear) and to our surprise and horror (not really horror but it makes the story better) there was no earpiece, no phone, just her left ear...maybe I should set her up with the guy I ran into in the elevator yesterday (see below).

And no, I am not making any of this up.

14 comments:

traceofblistex said...

Wow. How special it must be to have other people living inside of your head. I only have myself. I'm pretty bored with myself. How nice it would be to suddenly dine with Marilyn Moonroe or Edgar Allen Poe (notice unintentional rhymning).

clara* said...

binsk you seem to run into the most interesting people....

Anonymous said...

I find it very helpful to talk things through with myself. No I don't.

Anonymous said...

Look damnit. Sometimes I just need to have a conversation with someone who makes sense. It may look like I'm losing it, but the fish is good at the place and I really just wanted to bounce my ideas off my better half. of me.
I'm not crazy. I swear.
You guys didn't have to look at me like I'd fallen short of a six pack!

Swa said...

She reminds me of one of our regular customers, the one we affectionately dubbed "Madame X".....

Laura said...

At least she was not arguing with her other selves...we used to get calls at the PD about a woman (a frequent flyer...) who would be screaming obscenities at bushes and trees or passing cars. Can you imagine?? Eeesh...
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic and so am I.
~L.

Anonymous said...

You only need to worry about the people who say talk to themselves, and say any of the following phrases:

"But if I kill them all, who will raise their children?"

"Fine, there, are you happy? I'm touching my self in public, are you happy now?"

"I like it when the red water comes out of the babies ears"

"Shhhhh.....I could never fit my fist in there"

Other than those exceptions, you should be OK.

Anonymous said...

I am my own best audience! (If I can't laugh at myself, who will!)

mcgibfried said...

that's funny. and alarming.

Robin said...

That's a total NYC moment. It reminded me of the time I saw this pristine woman dressed in Park Avenue attire walking briskly down the street... and suddenly she bolts to the curb to kick a can off the sidewalk...but it ricochets further up on the sidewalk...so she screams and runs at the can again...and kicks it harder, but misses...so she screams again, turns around and runs full force at the can, kicking it with all her might... and only after it's successfully removed from the sidewalk, does she continue toward her destination. I thought, "Only in New York..." but I think maybe you ran into her too.

Anonymous said...

I see people like that on the street, on the bus, the train...everywhere! I stay well away PS Sending you a supply of Bloggerholic Popper Pills!

Spider said...

Hey! All of you need to stop makin fun of my girlfriend!!

Just because she can talk to me through telepathy doesn't make her crazy. Dressing up my Jean Grey from the X-Men is one of our bedroom games.

Oh, wait. . .that makes me sound like a big geek. Damnit!

Laura said...

Dude, the can kicker was me.
~L.

Robin Alexa said...

Funny little bloggy peeps...