Monday, May 30, 2005

Hell's Kitchen

Have you seen this ridiculous show?

I saw a few minutes of it before I had to change the channel. What kind of person finds this entertaining? This idiot chef is belittling everybody in his path and they are not only taking it, but being completely respectful back to him.

I worked in restaurants for a long time and I really, really don't understand why chefs think they are up there with brain surgeons and rocket scientists. You fucking cook things, get over yourselves.

6 comments:

CaliGirl said...

YEAH!

thats all....have a good day.
hugs

Lisa said...

LOL...I guess they feel superior because they have people lining up for hours to eat the things they cook. If say, I gave the best massage on the planet, (I was going to use another example but that's far to graphic for your lovely page =)!) and my husband told all his friends and they lined up around the block and didn't mind waiting for an hour just to get inside.... perhaps I would be a little high on myself too... or not. Who knows, I freakin love food though and admire people who cook like gods!

No need to be an ass about though, I agree =)

Blog ho said...

have not. dig the pics.

Scott & Julia said...

Jamie Oliver is my favorite one...he's not cruel or harsh..but he's fun to watch when he's ranting in his British way...things going "tits up" or "pear shaped" etc.

Robin Alexa said...

Cali Girl - Yeah!

Lisa - You have got to see this show Lisa, he is such a total jerk.

Mike - When I worked in restaurants I used to ask them if one of their courses in Chef school was learning how to be an asshole. Didn't ever really go over so well. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Blog ho - Thanks ;)

Julia's better 1/4 - And he's cute.

KOM said...

I waited in a restaraunt for 5 years. Fook the chefs, but they are just a link in the chain. If they want to be tipped out, then they are providing hot, well prepared food now.

There shouldn't be any argument for the chefs - if they don't provide, they don't see the green.

Gotta love capitalism.