Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Lowest of the Low at The Grape and Wine Festival

Me: "How can I get backstage?"
Some guy that I don't know: "I'll slip you my pass under the gate, but you have to get it back to me when you get in"
Me: "For sure, thanks a lot"

(He kicks it ever so sneakily under the fence... Now I've got the nice shiny laminated pass around my neck and I head over to the security guard)

Security guard: "Friend or family?"
Me: "Friend" ha ha
Security guard: "Come back in fifteen minutes"
Me: "Ok"

Fifteen minutes later I'm back at the gate and in...I wander to the back area where the band is playing darts with a knife?

Me: "Excuse me may I borrow your marker?
Some girl that I believe is another security guard: "Here you go"

Now I stumble over to the band...

Me: "Can you guys sign my cd?"
One of the guys in the Lowest of the Low: "Sure"
Me: "Can you also take off the wrapper, I can't do it" (Because I've had a number of tasty beverages by this point)
Same band guy: "yeah, it should have one of those tab things on it"

He opens the wrapper, signs it and starts rounding up the other guys in the band (How nice!)

Next band guy: "What would you like me to write?"
Me: "I love you Robin and..."

He writes exactly that and passes it on to the next band member

Me: "Who writes the songs?"
Dylan Parker (the one I talked to the longest): "Barry Manilow writes the songs"

Lots more chatting about how they are my favourite Canadian band, that they like Sloan, that I snuck in, and why they are playing darts with a knife (I can't remember why they said they were though!)

Me: "I'm going to see you play again on Thursday in Toronto, can I get a backstage pass?"
Dylan Parker: "I don't think the security is going to be too tight you can just come and say hi" (Good answer!)
Me: "Okay well thanks so much I've gotta go my friends are waiting for me"
Them: "Nice to meet you" SUCH NICE GUYS (Including the friendly stranger who let me use his pass)!!!! The End...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this post I got a wonderful idea and some of your other posts. Frankly I was looking for backstage pass to concert resources and came here. Good thing though. I am inspired now once again. Binsk keep up the good work. I'll check back later. Hello from Las Vegas.

Anonymous said...

Hey Binsk, I had a little time to kill and found your post titled this post. I was searching for how to get backstage pass. Don't ask me how but your site came up. I enjoyed some of your posts. They gave me an idea. Funny how things work sometimes, don't you agree? Anyway I gotta run late for work get back to you later. Thanks from Las Vegas

Anonymous said...

Next time I'll spend a little more time and read more. this post was good. I wish you had information on backstage pass to concert. That is what I was looking for. Anyway got to run thanks Binsk for you slant.

Anonymous said...

I liked your information in this post. Too bad it doesn't have more on how to get backstage pass. I was looking for how to get backstage pass in my area. Enjoyed reading what you have. I'll check back later when I get some spare time next week. Thanks Binsk.

Anonymous said...

Hey Binsk...I was browsing for information on ice fishing shanty when I stumbled on to your blog. I can tell why with your latest post on this post it really caught my attention. I'd love to see more information about ice fishing shanty and I'll come back by to see what you have going on here as well. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Binsk: I came here looking for information on ice fishing equipment and found your post on this post. Although it's not quite the information I was looking for, I appreciate the chance to have a read. I'll definately be checking back in. I'm off to look for more resources for ice fishing equipment. If you have any more great suggestions, please post them here and I'll come back to check. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Binsk, I was checking out sources of info on ice fishing equipment and I stumbled across your post about this post that you have a great site here. I'm personally working hard at developing an online business around ice fishing equipment and I'd like to share this site with some of my own subscribers. Thanks for letting me stop by Binsk...I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Binsk, I was checking out sources of info on ice fishing and I stumbled across your post about this post that you have a great site here. I'm personally working hard at developing an online business around ice fishing and I'd like to share this site with some of my own subscribers. Thanks for letting me stop by Binsk...I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Binsk: I came here looking for information on ice fishing shanty and found your post on this post. Although it's not quite the information I was looking for, I appreciate the chance to have a read. I'll definately be checking back in. I'm off to look for more resources for ice fishing shanty. If you have any more great suggestions, please post them here and I'll come back to check. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

this post was what caught my attention. I was just out browsing around today looking for information on ice fishing house, and happened accross your blog. Although it's not completely related to ice fishing house, it certainly made me stop and ponder. Thanks for the great read Binsk...I'll be back.